August is Back to School
Going back to school means meeting new kids and seeing old friends. For some children, it is hard adjusting to new people/routines. Here are some tips:
- Role play different conversation starters: What is your favorite color? What superpower would you like to have? How old are you? What is your favorite game? What is your name?
- Be positive about potential negative situations. If your child waved at a friend going into class and was ignored, give your child alternate scenarios to transform negative thoughts. “Maybe John didn’t see you.” or “Could Miley be having a bad day and didn’t feel much like talking?”.
- Involve your child in after-school activities that interest them: soccer, dance, or choir. Joining an activity that interest your child is another great way for kids to meet friendly peers.
Remind your child that it is okay to be nervous about transitions. Point out that many kids feel just like they do. Acknowledge their anxiety as real while offering reassurance and coping strategies. With a little help, getting ready to start a new school year can be a confidence boosting experience for any young child.
Summer Camp ends on Friday, August 26th. Please visit us on Facebook at CCCDC-Cornerstone Christian Child Development Center to view our summer field trips and experiences.
We will be closed on September 5th in observance of Labor Day.
It's time to update important records. Please provide the most recent copies of your Immunization Forms.
On Aug 29th our hours are changing to 7 AM to 5:30 PM.
We are currently hiring qualified teachers!.
Parents please remember you can pay your tuition via CashApp. Our username is $nccccdc.
Please provide weather appropriate clothing for your child/children (full sets of summer attire).
- August Back to School Month!
- August 03: Seedless Watermelon Snack Day
- August 09: Book Character Dress Up Day for Nat'l Book Lover's Day
- August 20: Dress like a Bee (Yellow & Black) for World Honeybee Day
- August 20: BBQ & Carnival Games
- August 26: Summer Camp Ends
- August 26: Bring in photos of your dog for Nat'l Dog Day
- August 26: Tracky Dack Day (wear your pajamas or exercise outfit)